[Xastir] maps directory question

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 6 10:52:32 EST 2005

Unless you're running knoppix off a bootable DVD (is there a bootable
DVD spec?), I don't think there is much room on there for any
signifigant maps.  I had thought at one point that scince a lot of
computers now have dual CD's or a DVD and a CD-RW, that you could boot
knoppix off of /dev/cdrom0 and then symlink /dev/cdrom1 to the maps
directory and have the maps heirarchy pre-burned on CD.  The mount and
symlink could be created at startup.  I know that knoppix has some tools
for storing home directory data on removable storage like thumb drives
and neat stuff like that.  One of those tools might help you in some way.

Dick Ri
KC8OBZ