[Xastir] maps directory question

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 7 01:27:38 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, VK5ZTY wrote:

> A local amateur has tried a knoppix distro from
>  http://www.afu-knoppix.de/

> The next problem is maps.  There are some maps on the CD but not for
> this part of the world.
>
> Is there any way to specify an alternative maps directory on startup so
> that xastir looks for maps on the hard drive instead of on the CD.

Some of these CD distributions have a method where you can copy the
CD onto the hard drive and run from there.  That's about your only
option right now I think, unless your home directory is in
read/write memory or disk, in which case you can modify the
~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file so that you can point it to
wherever  you like.  There are several paths to directories and
files listed in that config file.  Just grep for "share" and you
should find them.  I think they're all grouped together.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer