[Xastir] Port 2023 findings

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Sat Jan 8 09:38:06 EST 2005

I've been playing around with UI-View behind Xastir on
port 2023. One funny thing I noticed was that on
UI-View, my Xastir call keep showing up in place of
the actual station's call for stations that I digi. My
buddy down the street KC5YTI, would show up as his
vehicle, in his driveway, but with my digi call...

I noticed while looking at the packets that port 2023
does not seem to support Q construct. Here is an
example of what UIV got from port 2023 from a station
I gated:

KA3NAM-10>APX141,TCPIP*:N0OSV-2>SY0Q1Q,RELAY*,WIDE3-3,KA3NAM-10*,I:'z.*l![j/]"6p}Jim
Blue Springs, Mo.

In the little reading I've done, it seems like the
packet sent via TCPIP should start out like this
example:

KA3NAM-10>APX141,TCPIP*,Qao:N0OSV-2>*********

Maybe this is the design intent, and I'm cool with
that, was just interesting seeing my callsign show up
all over the city... :)

-Joe
KA3NAM