[Xastir] Network cards

John Kraus kc4zgq at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:36:08 EST 2005

I have several Pentium 133 computers with 32mb ram that where given to me. I
am trying to get Debian Linux installed so that I can use these as APRSD or
Digi_Ned boxes.

I can't seem to get the existing ISA  NE2000 NICs to work.  These computers
have PCI slots so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either of
these cards under the 2.2 kernel?

Netgear Model FA311

D-Link DFE-530TX+

Both of these cards are available locally and are reasonable in price.  I
want an easy install.  These machines do not have enough ram to run X and
the MEPIS cdrom won't boot.

I already have Debian "Woody" installed on one of them but want to use
APT-GET to get the latest stuff so that I don't have to fool with burning a
bunch of cd's for updates to each package.