[Xastir] UDP frames

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Jan 10 12:41:28 EST 2005

Heck, lets pick UDP port 14439 ....

That _is_ different than TCP 14439, right?  so if an internet server using
connected frames were to exist on 14439, it would be TCP mode, and therefore
different.

Jason, you got it!  802.11 stuff is cheaper than 2m radios and TNCs, even if we
had to have 3 a/points at a site.... imagine... a point to point link of these
systems in a town... alternating between channels 1 and 6 (because they are in
the ham band, and we can run higher power there with the MAC address set to our
6digit callsign ascii codes), and channel 11 set aside as a user port.  Users
wandering around town with PDAs would always be on channel 11 and would wander
in and out of coverage areas.

Or if topography permitted, you could do a hub and spoke with one central node
transmitting UDP frames on , say channel 1 to all other nodes (nodes with
beams) and the downstream nodes would have one access point for rx/tx with the
main node and a 2nd AP for the clients to use on channel 11.

Hi hihi... it'd work with winlink (err POP and SMTP) too... hee hee... on the
same "channel"...
Wes