[Xastir] Port 2023 findings

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 10 14:40:38 EST 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> I've been playing around with UI-View behind Xastir on
> port 2023. One funny thing I noticed was that on
> UI-View, my Xastir call keep showing up in place of
> the actual station's call for stations that I digi. My
> buddy down the street KC5YTI, would show up as his
> vehicle, in his driveway, but with my digi call...
>
> I noticed while looking at the packets that port 2023
> does not seem to support Q construct. Here is an
> example of what UIV got from port 2023 from a station
> I gated:
>
> KA3NAM-10>APX141,TCPIP*:N0OSV-2>SY0Q1Q,RELAY*,WIDE3-3,KA3NAM-10*,I:'z.*l![j/]"6p}Jim
> Blue Springs, Mo.

I know you sent another message that said the packets looked ok, but
I don't think I share that opinion.  The first header looks ok, all
the way to the first ':' character.  After that I think there should
be a '}' character and then the igated packet starting with N0OSV-2.
I'd have to check the spec to make sure.

Can you see what is being sent to findu (raw packets)?

Also check via a telnet session to 2023 to see what these packets
look like coming back out?