[Xastir] MGRS/Maidenhead grid squares.

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Mon Jan 10 19:49:50 EST 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Never mind:  The same function (util.c:sec_to_loc) is used for both.
> It looks likely that rounding errors are the cause.

I think so too, I'm seeing similar errors in both coordinate calculator
and when moving the cursor on the map and looking at the status line. I
guess rounding is also the reason for my position being transmitted as
6003.11N/02430.26E when I enter my location as 6003.12N/02430.27E. Now I
put 6003.121N and 02430.271E to the configuration file and that is
rounded correctly to .12 and .27.

It's good Xastir doesn't handle money! :-)

   Tapio