[Xastir] CVS Question

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 11 09:50:49 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I can understand when a file is new or the same, but what happensin the
> cvs world when it says "filename no longer exists"
>
> Does it
>
> a) skip it ?
> b) delete it ?

CVS has a few annoyances.  One is conflicts, another is files
getting deleted/renamed.

Sometimes I have to manually delete the file, then edit the
CVS/Entries file and remove it there.  Happens wtih directories too.

If all else fails and CVS is really confused, I sometimes delete all
files/directories except the top-level CVS directory and contents,
then do another "cvs update".  That will repopulate everything.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer