[Xastir] UDP frames

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Jan 11 14:27:40 EST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 1:17 PM, jeff at aerodata.net wrote:

> tcp/ip, raw, by itself, is ill suited for a RF protocol.

Who said anything about TCP?  We're talking UDP datagrams, not
connection oriented point to point TCP streams.

> The MAC layer is your friend on RF. Understand it and take it to
> dinner.

There's really no point, as far as I can tell.  UDP/IP maps to
datagrams on lower layers, so we can use the same software on 802.3,
802.11, or any other IP network, with no changes.

Implementing this on the 802.11 MAC hurts, not helps.

-Jason
kg4wsv