[Xastir] UDP frames

jeff at aerodata.net jeff at aerodata.net
Tue Jan 11 16:04:51 EST 2005

Yes, when you configure your access point, one time, it is 29 more
keystrokes. Yet if your allowing clients to discover your network, what is
more descriptive:

AXU or Amateur eXeperimental Unconnected? In our community network, we try
to use location/group descriptions in the SSID, even though it is more
verbose. But that is exactly why we do it, so we can convey information to
visitors in the area. What is more descriptive, HHS or Hillsdale HotSpot?

Also, don't forget about the so called patriot act and the various
computer laws popping up that assume you are guilty if you connect to a
unsecured access point by no fault of your own. We try and make it clear
in our SSID's that visitors are welcomed and encouraged.

And with most clients, you don't need to type the SSID.