[Xastir] UDP frames

jeff at aerodata.net jeff at aerodata.net
Tue Jan 11 16:36:05 EST 2005

Yes, now you are seeing the problem. I need to get in there, assoicate,
get an IP address, and then dump my data to the APRS server stream.

In the later case, making a more terse method to enter position reports
makes sense (if it already doesn't exist).

To associate quicker, you need to step up the 802.11b probe request rate.

The IP address, not much we can do about that as that depends on the DHCP
server. But we have control over the probe requests as well here.

If you run windows, I'm sure you have heard of netstumbler. Its a AP/Adhoc
scanning tool. Similar things exist for linux. What you may not have
heard, is netstumbler has its own API...

http://www.stumbler.net/scripting.html
http://www.netstumbler.org/index.php?

Which should allow you to use the GPS and AP data to more quickly connect
and dump data to the APRS system.