[Xastir] Which version of Linux for older computers?

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 12 16:33:03 EST 2005

I've been slowly working on a radio logging app (sort of an app, it's
PHP/MySQL based) that interfaces with Xastir for my SAR group and one of
the other local ARES groups has taken interest in it also. They have
some older donated laptops that we are trying to get setup with Linux,
Xastir, and my radio logging system. The laptops they are using are
Pentium 133, 233, and 333 systems. I *think* they have 64MB RAM in them.

I personally have run RedHat for many years but only have discs left
over from RH9-FedoraCore 3. RH9 runs extremly slow (granted, everything
will be extremly slow on these machines from my point of view, but this
is coming from the people that have been using them with Win98 for a
couple years). Which version/flavor would be suggested for these machines.

Thanks,
Josh

P.S.
The purpose of this question is not to start a battle over which flavor
is better I don't want any of those kinds of responses. I just need to
know how far back to go for a good OS on these older machines.