[Xastir] Area Color fills and highway colors

Tim Gimmel tim at gimmel.org
Mon Jan 17 00:19:14 EST 2005

All,
Maybe I don't understand the feature.  I downloaded county maps from
http://xastir.tamu.edu and I believe they are shapefiles made from
tigerdata.  My question is: if I set "fill" to "yes" in the properties
dialog, and I enable the global map fills, shouldn't just the counties
that I have marked be filled with color?  The way it is working now is
when the "Enable Area Color Fills" is checked, the whole map turns pink,
regardless of how the properties are set.  Not what I expected.

Also, just one other question.  Is there any easy way to change the
color of the streets and highways?  Currently in these maps streets and
highways are black.  It would be nice if I could make them white, and I
could use a black background.

Thanks for everyones help,
Tim,
KB4AMA