[Xastir] Radar Map Options

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 17 12:55:20 EST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Ryan Tourge wrote:

> I have started using Xastir on simplyMepis linux. So far I love it.
> But I am finding there are several ways to display radar information.
> Can some of you please pass along how you are displaying NWS radar
> info on xastir?

There are radar .geo files that you can download and use.  You might
have to add a line like "IMAGESIZE 620 620" to each of them,
depending on where you get the files.

You can use the .geo files that come with Xastir in order to see
Texas or US Radar images.  The US Radar image is large and takes a
while to process before Xastir uses it.  It drags down my CPU so
much while processing that I don't use it anymore.

If you find a radar image somwhere that you like, you can create
your own .geo file to go snag it and use it from within Xastir.
You can also set up the refresh rate at which Xastir will
auto-download it.