[Xastir] Snapshot

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 18 02:11:41 EST 2005

Okay, I'm seeing some strange unexplained behaviour. According to the help file, PNG snapshots are taken every 5 minutes, or when the Snapshot toggle button is activated.

I'm not getting snapshots taken at 5 minute intervals, nor am I getting them when I manually toggle the button.

It looks like the routine works once and then dies.

I do get errors:

convert: Improper image header `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm'.
convert: missing an image filename `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png'.
System call return error: convert: /home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm -> /home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png

If I delete the files, I get them back, so I am assuming that it might be an issue of no being able to overwrite the files. What's causing the Improper image header error?

This is with the latest updates running on Cygwin.

James