[Xastir] Help: Coordinates format

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Jan 18 06:47:54 EST 2005

ian at bultitude.org wrote:
>>beacon -c callsign -d 'APRS v WIDE WIDE' -t time port 'packet here'
>
> I am still playing with this. The system I was using to test (located in the US) does not seem to work id I change the -d from ID

It could be some kind of a compatibility problem between different
versions of beacon/ax25-tools/utils/kernel. You did notice the single
quotes around the -d parameter? Did you try it as root user?

>>For a standalone beacon (without APRS software) you should use a packet
>>format starting with an exclamation mark.
>
> This does not seem possible I get an error (forget what it is now) if I try to put an escape / then it sents /!.

Did you put the packet string in single quotes, like '!3424.44W/0....' ?
It does not work in double quotes (").

   Tapio