[Xastir] Compile error on OS X

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 19 18:21:18 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Jeff Wigal wrote:

> Last login: Wed Jan 19 17:50:47 on console
> Welcome to Darwin!

Running OSX.

> x_spider.c:857: undefined type, found `socklen_t'
> x_spider.c:920: illegal statement, missing `;' after `)'
> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
> basic mode
> x_spider.c: In function `Server':
> x_spider.c:857: `socklen_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

socklen_t should be defined in sys/socket.h.  I see that file is
included at the top of x_spider.c.  The other file that uses
socklen_t is interface.c, and evidently that source file compiled
ok.

Looking at the differences in the include files between interface.c
and x_spider.c, the main thing I see is that config.h is not
included in x_spider.c (that line is commented out).  Perhaps that
makes the difference.

I also see code in one spot in interface.c that checks for socklen_t
not being defined, but there are other spots where that check is not
made.  Seems we should be consistent everywhere in that test.