[Xastir] Search FCC database not working?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sat Jan 22 17:40:22 EST 2005

> Looks like that was my problem too...thanks for the tip!
>

> >> Is anyone else having problems with the "Search FCC database" button not
> >> finding call signs?
>
> > Yes, I have seen this happen.  Look carefully at the first and last few
> > lines of your EN.dat file.  Last time I updated, these early and final lines
> > appeared to be scrambled --- it looked as if there were some corrupt lines
> > of the input that got placed funny by the sort operation.
> >
> > When I deleted them and let xastir reindex the file (by removing the
> > .xastir/data/appl.ndx file) the behavior went away.

THANKS!   That fixed my problem with the FCC data.  Got so bad  a couple days ago
I only had 2 of 8 (or so that I checked) work.   I just used Head and Tail to clean off the
ends of the file, did the reindex trick and now I'm 10 for 10 (or so).

What's the quick fix?   How about this at the sort phase:

   grep '^EN' <  (source file) | sort ...

Bill

PS.  (Hey Curt - it was real and not just my imagination...)