[Xastir] Problem with gif & xpm maps

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 23 19:55:50 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Roger Banks wrote:

> Curt Mills wrote:
>

> > Ok, so you're running Xastir on Cygwin, then displaying it via an
> > SSH connection to your Solaris box?
> >
> Could someone please send me the necessary incantation for viewing Xastir
> remotely via an X winow. Thanks!

This is strictly X11 stuff, not Xastir, but check out these
commands and environment variables:

    xhost machinename
    export DISPLAY=hostname:0.0
    ssh machinename

You can use the first two commands to run an X11 program remotely.
The third command can also do it, but can give you an
encrypted/compressed channel to do so, as well as setting up the X11
and DISPLAY stuff for you.  A little research in the man pages,
howto documents, or on the web will tell you how to use these.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer