[Xastir] Position display - may be datum problem?

Jason & Kim Conolly conolly at ieee.org
Sun Jan 23 22:41:17 EST 2005

Now that I have gotten it running, I have a question about position
display in Xastir.

I have set my station position using verified GPS coordinates.  However,
the position does not appeared to be displayed correctly in Xastir
(display on the JUSA.MAP puts me on the wrong side of the North/South
Carolina state line).

When I check my position using FINDU, it shows correctly (so Xastir is
transmitting the position correctly).  Is this a problem with a specific
map file?  Or is Xastir using an odd datum in my configuration?  I could
not find any where to expose this as an option.

Thanks!
73,
Jason / N7IME