[Xastir] Position display - may be datum problem?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 24 13:36:15 EST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Jason & Kim Conolly wrote:

> Now that I have gotten it running, I have a question about position
> display in Xastir.
>
> I have set my station position using verified GPS coordinates.  However,
> the position does not appeared to be displayed correctly in Xastir
> (display on the JUSA.MAP puts me on the wrong side of the North/South
> Carolina state line).

Verify that you're putting the coordinates into Xastir in the proper
format.  The normal input box accepts degrees, minutes.minutes.  You
can use the Coordinate Calculator button to enter them in other
formats, or just set the GPS to output DD MM.MM format and enter
that into Xastir directly.

> When I check my position using FINDU, it shows correctly (so Xastir is
> transmitting the position correctly).  Is this a problem with a specific
> map file?  Or is Xastir using an odd datum in my configuration?  I could
> not find any where to expose this as an option.

I think Gerry answered the map-related stuff.  If not, ask us again.