[Xastir] dbfawk bug?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Jan 25 10:26:16 EST 2005

I was working on some shapefiles while editing dbfawks with emacs.  For
those of you unfamiliar with emacs, it keeps a checkpoint (called an
auto-save) in #filename#, so while editing
dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk it creates
#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk# .  This checkpoint file goes away once
the file is saved normally.

So, I'm editing a dbfawk and have one of these #filename# files, and
"add new maps".  xastir dies with

.#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk: failed to parse

Tried to start xastir again and it died with the same error.

I got rid of the checkpoint file and all is well, but this isn't
terribly friendly behavior.

-Jason
kg4wsv