[Xastir] Killed object reborn by xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 25 15:21:57 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> About a week ago I created an object and it was live for some hours.
> Then someone else killed it by sending only one packet. Xastir picked
> that up and kept resending the kill-packet for a while. No problem here.
>
> Today I restarted Xastir and the same object popped back up to the map
> and I had to kill it again. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I have not, but I don't often see a lot of the type of activity you
describe.

Xastir records all of the interesting info about its own
objects/items in the ~/.xastir/config/object.log file.

If you kill an object the lines corresponding to that object that
are still live should get a hash mark prepended to them.  Same for
if someone else takes over or kills your object.  Perhaps one of
those scenarios didn't get tested fully.

Please add it to the bug-list, with as much detail as possible so
that one of us can recreate the problem.