[Xastir] dbfawk bug?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jan 25 15:32:01 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 12:22:44PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:
>
> > I was working on some shapefiles while editing dbfawks with emacs.
> > [...], it keeps a checkpoint (called an
> > auto-save) in #filename#, so while editing
> > dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk it creates
> > #dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk#
[...]
> > So, I'm editing a dbfawk and have one of these #filename# files, and
> > "add new maps".  xastir dies with
> >
> > .#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk: failed to parse
> >
> > Tried to start xastir again and it died with the same error.
> >
> > I got rid of the checkpoint file and all is well, but this isn't
> > terribly friendly behavior.
>
> That's kind of funny!  Please add it to the bug-list.

Oh, yeah, a riot.

Looking through the code, that's not supposed to be a fatal error.  Must
be failing to clean up after the parse failure and allowing something to
dereference a null pointer or some such.  Is the specific "death" a segfault
or other failure indicative of what the problem is?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."