[Xastir] dbfawk bug?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Jan 26 12:01:13 EST 2005

I gave some bad information previously.  The bad guy is
.#something.dbfawk (like the error message says) and not
#somthing.dbfawk# as I originally reported.  A bug report has been
filed.

symbolic links named .#something.dbfawk that do not point to a valid
file cause xastir to die with Bus error.

I noticed the problem when editing a file with emacs.  After emacs had
auto-saved I issued a "re-index all maps" and got this:

.#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk: failed to parse
.#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk: failed to parse
Bus error

.#dlg-24k-shapefile-LE01.dbfawk is a symbolic link that points nowhere.
  I re-created the problem by creating a symlink to a file, then removed
the original file:

touch dumb
ln -s .\#dumb.dbfawk dumb
rm dumb
xastir

.#dumb.dbfawk: failed to parse
Bus error

I also tried .dumb.dbfawk (no # sign) with the same result.

The bus error occurs when indexing maps, and does not occur if the
target of the symlink exists.

-Jason
kg4wsv