[Xastir] Uptime 100 days and counting

Ian Haver g6vey at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 26 19:36:54 EST 2005

Well done Greg. It nice to see a plan come together.
I have had success with xastir under linux, in the past upto 50/60 days
continuous.
Under windows cygwin, xastir seems ok but keeping windows running that
long is another task !!

73
Ian

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:14:58 -0600, Greg Jurrens <greg at jurrens.net> wrote:

> Kurt:
>
> My 100+ day install has been running full up with WX alerts, 5304
> stations from 2 feeds filtered to 1500Km circular , 24/7 iGATING for
> West Austin....And it's my everyday linux work box.  I'm typing this
> email to you on it now.
>
> Go figure.
>
> Greg WD0ACD
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:59:38 -0800 (PST)
> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, ke4lkq wrote:
>>
>> > Turn on wx alerts and enable weather input from the filtered feed and
>> it won't
>> > run very good after 24 hours.
>>
>> I had weather alerts on for quite a while on that version.  I have
>> them off now, but I'm receiving alerts, objects, and items from the
>> feed, and have been for 100 days.  18258 stations in the database.
>>
>> --
>> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
>> "Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
>> "The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Using Linux M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/