[Xastir] what format to export MrSID for xastir use?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 28 10:54:36 EST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:

> If it matters, the data I'm eyeballing is photographic in nature,
> closer to DOQQ than DRG.

If you do it with strips instead of tiles, there are speedups in
Xastir so that as you zoom in, it skips those strips that don't
appear in the window.  Things get faster as you zoom in.

As you zoom out quite a bit, you don't need so much resolution, so
it starts skipping strips and again speeding things up.