[Xastir] APRS Talk

Greg Jurrens greg at jurrens.net
Sun Jan 30 14:10:23 EST 2005

Don:

If you can handle a large file, I'll send you a pair of PPT presentations I've recently done for various clubs around Central Texas.  You can cut what you want out of it.  Most of the presentations are stolen fair and square from last year's Hamcom works with appropriate credit given the author. I'd ask you leave the acknowledgements in if you use his stuff. The screenshots etc are mine.

I do the Annual Motorola (Now Freescale) Marathon so there are several screenshots of races in my presentations.

Let me know and I'll email them to you.

73,
Greg WD0ACD
Technical Committee Chairman
TX VHF-FM Society

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:01:52 -0500
Don Russell <kb9ayf at digital-rc.com> wrote:

> I will be giving a talk and demo on APRS my next club meeting.
> Could some of you guys send me a Jpeg or PNG screenshot of
> your xastir running and possibly some of you that may have
> UI-view running as well. I am wanting to show the guys some
> real world examples of how many different ways it can be setup.
> Some different maps, radar, weather stations, FIre repors, etc...
>
> Do any of you have a screenshot of a real Seach/Resuce or other
> practical example of xastir being used doing some great feat? Like aprs
> packet track of a balloon flight? APRS packets from EME bounce,
> Someone climbing super tall mountain like Everest or K2?
> Looking for some geewiz stuff as well as the ordinary uses.
>
> Thanks,
> Don KB9AYF/AG (passed on 1-26-05)

Greg Jurrens - WD0ACD