[Xastir] Dream PDA? New Sharp Zaurus, 640x480 color

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 31 13:36:12 EST 2005

http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4659#14069

Image that in your pocket, potentially running Xastir, although
Xastir would have to be ported to the Qt widget set to run on it.
It's a nice dream anyway.  Put a titanium case around it and it
could even go out in the field on some SAR missions.

I agree with one comment:  It would have been nice if it had 802.11
wireless built-in.  Bluetooth too, so it could connect to TNC's
and/or GPS.  $819.00.  Another $100 for the 802.11b CF card but
perhaps these cards are cheaper elsewhere.

I see one blurb that says different GUI's are available.  I wonder
if Motif might be supported now as well as Qt?  Perhaps they're just
talking about different window managers instead.  Anyone know more
about them?

I don't see any pictures that show connector, so I don't know if
there's a MIC connector.  Perhaps the soundmodem interface could be
used as a TNC if it had one.  It has stereo out for headphones
according to the text.