[Xastir] Cygwin error?

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Thu Jun 2 10:59:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Dan Brown wrote:
>
> > Looks like there were some things that didn't get installed right when I
> > did the Cygwin update (I had cygwin open at the time ...  oops).  There
> > were a bunch of files that had .new extensions - moving these into place
> > manually seems to have cured the error.  Xastir now runs.
>
> I wonder if a note should go into the README.win32 document about
> that?  I know that Linux doesn't care if you swap out executables
> that you're currently running, but Windows has a tizzy-fit.
> Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to kill so that you can
> replace a few files.

Cygwin did note that it had seen I had it open, and that I'd need to
reboot, or things would be unstable - but didn't mention anything about not
actually being able to replace the files.  A quick note in the docs might
be good, I suppose, especially if it helps someone else avoid being a
bonehead like me.

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org