[Xastir] Map clutter

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Fri Mar 4 09:33:44 EST 2005

Morning,

I have 2 questions and I will try to keep them brief.

First what is the status of using the DOS maps as a built in base map
system for ham use?  Bob did agree to their ham only usa as long as there
is a notification of such.  I am willing to put together a basic package of
dos maps either for inclusion in the main tarball or for hosting on the
Xastir site.

Second has there been any consideration to providing the operator with the
ability to filter the map display by icon symbol as it is done in
UI-View?  This is one of that programs best features and is very handy when
you want to limit display.  I find xastir's system difficult to fine tune
and the icon designator should provide a perfect tool to allow precise
tailoring of the display.

I often block display of all symbols and then enable only the ones I want
to see.  I don't need to see all the purty houses but would like to see
other fixed stations.