[Xastir] Imagemagick

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Mar 4 11:53:09 EST 2005

On Mar 4, 2005, at 10:38 AM, George Shaw wrote:

> Where then are the standard locations?

typically "extra" stuff gets installed in /usr/local. Sometimes it's
stuck with the standard OS stuff in /usr.  Occasionally you'll see it
in /opt.  Some special Mac stuff (fink) defaults to /sw.  If you have
some restrictions (you don't have root access on the target machine for
example) you may have to install stuff in your home directory.  If your
system is sufficiently complex you may even be required to have
multiple versions of the same package simultaneously (you have my pity
if this is the case; I think I have two or three different gcc versions
installed on my production server).

Since your devel files are in your home directory, you may want to go
ahead and build some binaries there as well, so xastir can find the
whole set.  Or, if there's not some reason not to, you can just add the
development package wherever the binaries happen to be.

-Jason
kg4wsv