[Xastir] Strange question....

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 7 04:10:17 EST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Jim Shorney wrote:

> For reasons I won't go into, I would like to have cron stop and restart
> Xastir periodically. Is this possible? Does anyone have a script handy
> that would do that for me?

Never thought about doing that sort of thing, but if it was me I'd
try installing a crontab for the user that's going to be running it,
having it start up a login shell that then starts up Xastir.  That
way you'll get all of your environment variables set properly that
Xastir might need.

Stopping it:  I'd to a "ps" and a "grep" to find the two lines of
interest (the shell you started and Xastir) and then snag the
process ID's of each, issuing kill's to them.  Probably a kill -1
first to each, then a kill -9 a few seconds later.  I'd write a
script to do this and call the script from cron.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer