[Xastir] Strange question....

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Mar 7 12:48:58 EST 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 10:34 AM, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> So just cron a job 'killall xastir'

killall isn't universally available.  For example, it's a
superuser-only toy on Solaris, and works in a significantly different
way than on other OSes (it kills all processes. _all_ of them. right
now.)  Also, killall wasn't around when I wrote the original form of
this script for my own personal use, about 14 years ago. (:

killall will work for most, though, if you add a "nohup xasitr&"
afterward to do the restart.

At least until the PID file details get worked out, and someone puts an
"xastir-restart" script in the distribution. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv