[Xastir] Map Selection dialogue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 10 12:58:35 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, James Ewen wrote:

> When choosing maps in the map selection dialogue, I have noticed
> that clicking on the expand directories button cancels any actions
> taken.
>
> If I select a new map and then click on expand directories, the
> new map that was previously selected cleared. It works the same if
> you clear a selection and then click on expand directories. The
> cleared selection then reverts to selected.
>
> This makes it difficult to select maps. The expand directories
> button should not affect the status of the currently
> selected/deselected maps when clicked.
>
> Just my humble opinion...

FWIW I agree with you.  Unfortunately it would be difficult to fix
because of the way it is currently implemented.  That togglebutton
causes the dialog to be destroyed and recreated from scratch.

It would take a bit of thought to either redo what's there, or
recode for some selection widget that behaves more like what you're
used to.

Add it to the bug-list or to the RFE list, whichever your heart
desires.  So that it's not forgotten.  Documenting it is half the
battle.