[Xastir] Compressed Posit incorrect

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 15 17:33:22 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, KK6RW wrote:

> Sending a compressed posit report beacon is incorrect, showing my location
> as South latitude rather than North as set in station setup. Sending a non
> compressed posit works fine. The following is the incorrect compressed
> posit:
> KK6RW-6>APX142,WIDE2-2,qAR,GHGATE:=/fIV=/L&xx{.CXASTIR
>
> Non compressed posit is:
> KK6RW-6>APX142,WIDE2-2,qAR,GHGATE:=4722.93N/12244.17WxPHG4040XASTIR
>
> I'm using the latest CVS download (downloaded 3-15-05)

What are you viewing the incorrect compressed position on?
Aprsworld?  Findu?  Xastir?

I'm running compressed posits from Xastir and from my OpenTracker,
and they are all appearing in the correct spots.  That doesn't prove
that it should work in your case, but I just need to know more about
your test conditions.