[Xastir] Compressed Posit incorrect

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 15 18:28:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, KK6RW wrote:
> >
> > > Sending a compressed posit report beacon is incorrect, showing my location
> > > as South latitude rather than North as set in station setup. Sending a non
> > > compressed posit works fine. The following is the incorrect compressed
> > > posit:
> > > KK6RW-6>APX142,WIDE2-2,qAR,GHGATE:=/fIV=/L&xx{.CXASTIR
> > >
> > > Non compressed posit is:
> > > KK6RW-6>APX142,WIDE2-2,qAR,GHGATE:=4722.93N/12244.17WxPHG4040XASTIR
> > >
> > > I'm using the latest CVS download (downloaded 3-15-05)
> >
> > What are you viewing the incorrect compressed position on?
> > Aprsworld?  Findu?  Xastir?
>
> I put those two into a log file with different SSID's for each and I
> now see what you're talking about.  The compressed one shows up a
> bit south of us, the other is at your house.
>
> I'll do some checks to see what's going on.  It could be Xastir
> generating an incorrect string, decoding it incorrectly, or a digi
> in your area corrupting it.  A quick test of putting in your
> lat/long and seeing what the transmit string is will knock out that
> last possibility.

Doing this, I got a string out like this:

WE7U-13>APX142,TCPIP*,qAR,WE7U-14:=/6RG7/L'3x

Which shows up where your other symbols are.

Looking at your raw data on findu, it looks like all of your
compressed posits are set to that incorrect string.  Perhaps this is
a problem on Cygwin only?  My Linux box is putting out the correct
string, using your lat/long values.