[Xastir] How to use xastir and kenwood TH-D7E

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Mar 16 10:16:52 EST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 3:56 AM, Antonio Esposito wrote:

> Hi!
> There is someone using Linux Xastir and Kenwood TH-D7E? How I can
> configure
> it? Because I've everytime an Hard error from Xastir.

Make sure you have the latest tnc-startup file
/usr/local/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.thd7 .  An old version had
an error that changed the baud rate between the computer and the radio
to 1200, which means you could connect long enough to change the baud
rate to an incorrect setting and prevent any further communication. :(

If /usr/local/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.thd7 has a line that says
"HBAUD 1200", either comment out that line (by inserting a # at the
beginning of the line), or just get the new version of tnc-startup.thd7
and put it in /usr/local/share/xastir/config/ .

If you installed an old version of xastir, but upgraded to a new
version, you probably still have the old config file.

I don't know when the config file changed, so I can;t help you with
specific version numbers.

-Jason
kg4wsv