[Xastir] New tricks for Linux / XASTIR was: knoppix qemu

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 16:37:24 EST 2005

OOPs

I sent this to Curt rather than the list so here it is.

Actually what I would like to see is a set of either boot floppies and / or
cdrom that does nothing more than make a default USB access drive as ROOT
with the kernel running in a separate RAMDISK.

With a boot disk in hand and a USB 2.0 external drive you would be good to
go with an easily modified system.

While the speed would not be up to the level of an internal drive it should
be usable.

Even if you did not run from the USB drive it would be a handy device to
install from.

Curt noted that a write issue could exist with a flash based device. Below
is a clarification.

I was thinking of the actual USB hard drives.  I have a 40 GB firefly that
can run from most ports as is but has an included PS2 cable with feed
through that can grab power form the PS2 port.