Fw: Subject: Re: [Xastir] knoppix qemu

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Sat Mar 19 10:05:56 EST 2005

I've played with knoppix afu...  It is a pretty old version of xastir, and has
no US-centric maps.  The boot is in german by default, you when presented with
LILO, you have to type knoppix lang)us (note that the ")" is mapped to "=" on
the default german keyboard.

One way to get maps for it is to edit the ./xastir/xastir.cnf file to point to
some maps you have previously stored on /dev/hda1 .

These are trivial issues to an old hand, but very intimidating to the newbies.

KnAFU is interesting because it has loads of PSK31 software and the ax25 stack
is already there.

Wes