[Xastir] Trails not being drawn.

Steve Z stevez at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 20 20:42:59 EST 2005

Hello All,

I run a Redhat 7.3 system as my general-purpose "packet computer" which
I use to run Xastir. I use my desktop machine (Fedora Core 3) to display
Xastir (xastir -display desktop:0) using X. Since upgrading to FC3, the
trails won't appear. Everything else is fine.

I also have this problem displaying on a Windows machine running exceed.
I understand that the line drawing for the trails use X system calls
(i.e. they are not rendered in the Xastir code), so I am thinking it's
possible that I have a problem with x.org X server (and maybe even
exceed). It seemed to work OK under XFree86.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have some ideas on what might be
wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Zoneff. (VK2ZSZ)