[Xastir] Mouse actions vs modes

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 22 15:27:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, James Ewen wrote:
>
> > In measure mode:
> > Measure cursor : crosshairs
> > left click : define measurement point

That last one is useless.  An exception should be put into the code
so that the popup doesn't come up.  Really the popup happens on
button release, so it happens on click release or drag release.

Context-Dependent Operations:
-----------------------------
                Normal      Draw-CAD    Measure     Move
                ------      --------    -------     ----
Cursor          Arrow       Pencil      Crosshairs  Crosshairs
LeftClick                                           SelectObject
LeftDrag        ZoomToArea  ZoomToArea  MeasureArea MoveObject
MiddleClick     ZoomOut     SetCADPoint ZoomOut     ZoomOut

Global Operations:
------------------
LeftClick       Select Menu or GUI Item (when in menus or dialogs)
LeftDblClick    FetchAlertText (when in View->Wx Alerts dialog)
RightClick      OptionsMenu
PageUp          ZoomOut
PageDown        ZoomIn
ArrowUp         PanUp
ArrowDown       PanDown
ArrowLeft       PanLeft
ArrowRight      PanRight
"="             GridSize++
"+"             GridSize++
"Num+"          GridSize++
"-"             GridSize--
"Num-"          GridSize--
"Space"         Activate current widget
"Tab"           Rotate among widgets
"Back-Tab"      Rotate among widgets backwards

Other Possible External Stimuli:
Send a SIGUSR1 to cause a snapshot to be taken.
Connect to Port 2023 if Server Port is enabled.

Note that you can also tweak a define/recompile to reverse the
left/right button functions.