[Xastir] Re: Cygwin/Xastir CD .ISO for download

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 24 16:31:36 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance Bill but what is this CD for ? Is it a
> compilation of Cygwin and a compile of Xastir only or is it a Linux OS as
> well ? Maybee its runnable under windows ? I am not sure.. There is very
> little info on what it is exactly..

A CD which contains the Cygwin install and an Xastir binary install,
everything you would need in order to get Xastir up and running on a
Windows system quickly.  It's not Linux in this case, and it's not a
run-time CD.  It must be installed onto a running Windows system.

If you're after a bootable/runnable Linux CD with Xastir, there are
other options.