[Xastir] Upgrade to Suse 9.2

BDonnell at ar-northwest.com BDonnell at ar-northwest.com
Thu Mar 24 19:58:09 EST 2005

Yes, OpenMotif will work fine.  But you probably need to install the
-devel package, e.g. OpenMotif-devel.  That provides the C header files
that the configure tool and the compiler need to be able to compile in
the correct pointers to OpenMotif.  The same will also be the case for
other libraries like libmagick.  If you compiled any of the other
add-ins, like Shapelib, Geotiff and Proj, you probably want to do clean
compiles of them too.

The command 'make clean' will dispose of the old compiled object files.
In the library source  directories that contain a 'configure' script,
you should delete any 'config.cache' and 'config.status' files you find,
then run 'configure' so it can probe your system to learn where to find
the new libraries.  Then run 'make' in them, then as root, do 'make
install'.  Basically the steps in Xastir's INSTALL file, with the
addition of deleting the 'config.cache' and/or 'config.status' files,
where present.  I don't know that those are the minimum steps to be
performed, but they should get you going.  I've been an SuSE 9.2 user
since shortly after it appeared at Frys.  And SuSE 9.3 will be out in a
couple of weeks or so - unless you're in Europe - I think it's already
available there now.

Hope that helps!

73, Bob, KD7NM