[Xastir] Host and Port

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 27 14:14:03 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I currently use internet server midwest.aprs2.net in my interface
> control, what other internet sources should I use?
>
> I don't seem to get any other stations to show up, what have I forgot to do?

It's possible that you might have enabled the Alternate Net box on
the Configure->Defaults menu, or that your filter settings are too
restrictive if you're connected to a filtered feed and have entered
something in that box on the interface.

Try connecting to firenet.us:2023, firenet.us:14580 (filtered).
That should give you more stations than you've ever seen before, as
it is the standard APRS-IS feed plus the firenet objects all
combined together.

You can also try first.aprs.net, second.aprs.net, third.aprs.net,
fourth.aprs.net.  Those are the standard internet feeds, primary
servers.  There's another whole set of secondary servers you can
connect to as well, lots of them.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer