[Xastir] Coordinate Calculator

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri May 13 10:08:22 EDT 2005

I tend to be a bit old fashioned, but I just used '30 36.25' for lat
(note: positive NORTH) and '-96 22.255' (note: positive EAST!) and it
worked for  me.  Haven't looked at the docs lately, but what I used is
sorta standard in the geomatics/cartography world.

AHA!!!!!!

'084 47 84W' is NOT a valid entry.

That's supposed to be 'ddd mm ssEW' and you appear to have entered dd,
mm and .mm when there's no such convention.

In other words, the '84W' confuses things.  Seconds have a range of 0.
to 59..

I'm still a bit coffee-deficient so if this isn't clear, let me know and
I can launch into lecture mode later...

Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173