[Xastir] Xastir 1.5 and ESR's gpsd daemon - longitude bad

Richard E. Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 15 17:03:31 EDT 2005

Gentlemen,

If there is any other info that you need, let me know. Xastir is working
just fine with the GPS head and the program reading from /dev/ttyUSB0 as
a direct serial connection in NMEA mode and not having gpsd running.

The GPS unit will work in NMEA and SI-RF binary modes. Whenever I have
gpsd running, it puts the GPS into binary mode. So, IMO, it would have
to take the binary data and recreate and serve NMEA strings for clients
to use upon the client's request. I will check to see if I can keep gpsd
from switching to binary and see if that helps.

Best Regards,

---
Richard E. Polivka, N6NKO

*** Never meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they
*** are easily angered, and you are crunchy and taste
*** good with lemon sauce.