[Xastir] xastir/gpsd - losing it in gps.c

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 11:14:54 EDT 2005

I resorted to the old, old trick of inserting prints
into the code to track progress. In working with the
GPGGA section in gps.c, I found that the following
sentence fails parsing:
$GPGGA,115219,4301.1477,N,8803.0382,W,3,06,1.80,237.2,M,-34.460,M,,*77.

The function appears to choke after altitude but I
have no other details as to why - ran out of time. Too
many chores, not enuf time for fun. I don't have the
name of the function but it involves parsing the GPGGA
sentence into components.

More to come....

Richard Polivka, N6NKO