[Xastir] Re: Problem with ax25 library

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 19 16:04:56 EDT 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Giuliano in3klq wrote:

> Vy tnx for your fast answer! I have research in my directory
> /usr/include/netax25/axconfig.h but the file
> not exist..!
> Only this file it's in the /usr/include/netax25
> ax25.h
>
> Why?

There are different versions of the AX.25 tools that go with
different versions of the kernel.  They are also installed in
different locations on some machines.  I don't know whether you
have a version mismatch between your kernel and your AX.25
libraries/headers, whether you're just missing a few files and need
to install them, or whether something else is wrong.

> I'm use Knoppix 3.7 (Debian) and I have installed the library Libax25 here:
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=libax25&version=testing&arch=i386

I looked around a bit and it looks like you also need this package:

    libax25-dev

Perhaps that is the problem?  That should give you some more files.

> /usr/lib/libax25.a not exist..!

Any *.a file is a static library.  *.so is a shared library.  You
probably only want the *.so libraries in this case, but for my
purposes I could examine either library to determine whether the
function was in there.  I didn't mean to confuse the matter.  I
should have searched the *.so file instead, as that's what the test
compile was trying to use, and what Xastir will link against when
you're all done.