[Xastir] New nws maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 23 15:28:56 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Jason Jordan wrote:

> P.S.  I'm still having trouble getting internet maps such as terraserver
> and radar images to overlay in XASTIR.  They come up as black images and I
> believe it was discussed earlier on this list.  We're running 1.5.0 on a
> RHEL WS 3 at 16bit color depth.

16-bits is probably the best supported inside the Xastir code.

My thoughts are that it is either the ImageMagick version that is
flaky or that you have your Map Intensity down too far.  Either one
could cause that.  Another possibility is that you have some other
raster map selected which comes up on top of it, obscuring it.  Make
sure for your testing that you're selecting one map and one map
only.

Sorry I can't help more, but if the IM version is screwed, there's
not much more you can do about it but try a different version.